Mount Gambier Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Mount Gambier Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing mountgambier.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Mount Gambier for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Mount Gambier?
Mount Gambier Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around Mount Gambier, South Australia
Mount Gambier, located in the Southeastern part of South Australia, is a city that is rich in culture and history. The city is surrounded by breathtaking natural wonders and filled with numerous galleries, museums, and historical venues that showcase the creative, historic and cultural heritage of the region. Here are some of the galleries, museums, and historical venues that are worth visiting when in Mount Gambier.
1. The Riddoch Art Gallery - This gallery offers a diverse range of contemporary artwork focusing on contemporary Australian Indigenous Art and modern art. The gallery has exhibitions, artistic events, and an extensive permanent collection.
2. Allan Lane Memorial Gallery - This gallery was established in 1990 and features exhibits showcasing works of art from local artists. It features a wide range of historical and contemporary paintings, sculpture and photography.
1. Mount Gambier History Collection - This museum highlights the history and development of Mount Gambier over the years. Displays include pictures, artifacts, and documents that relate to the early settlers, local industries, and WWII memorabilia.
2. Mount Gambier Railway Lands Exhibition - Displaying the rich railway history of Mount Gambier, this museum showcases various railway memorabilia, models of locomotives, carriages, signalling devices and maintenance equipment. Visitors can also take a ride in a model train.
3. Scott Group of Companies Heritage Museum - This museum takes visitors through the history of the organization that began in 1913 and has evolved to a major player in Australia's primary industry. It features vintage cars and machinery built by the company, and other artifacts.
1. Cave Gardens - The Cave Gardens is a historical site located in the center of Mount Gambier that features an array of different rock formations and rich flora. It is a popular site to walk around, relax, and escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
2. The Old Courthouse - This courthouse is a place to experience the rich history of the region. Built in 1863, it has been restored to its original state to showcase the courthouse's unique architecture, with displays depicting the former courtroom.
3. Umpherston Sinkhole - Once a farm orchard, today this sinkhole has transformed into a beautiful garden. Spanning across 2 acres, the Umpherston Sinkhole houses over 100-year-old trees and is an enchanted spot to observe wildlife.
Mount Gambier is a place steeped in history and culture and abounds with galleries, museums, and historical venues that exhibit the region's fascinating past. Whether you're interested in contemporary art, railway history, or historical gardens, there's something for you in this charming city. Don't hesitate to pay a visit and immerse yourself in the unique history of the region.
Mount Gambier Galleries and Museums Articles