Mount Gambier Local Services
Mount Gambier ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Mount Gambier site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Mount Gambier Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Mount Gambier When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Mount Gambier Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Mount Gambier Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Mount Gambier ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Mount Gambier and a Place to Meet
The mountgambier.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Mount Gambier
Mount Gambier is a vibrant city located in the southeastern region of South Australia, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this unique city.
1. Mount Gambier is situated on an extinct volcano, known as the Blue Lake. The lake is famous for its vibrant blue color, which changes to a grey color during the winter months.
2. Mount Gambier is known for its rich limestone landscape, caves and sinkholes. The Umpherston Sinkhole and the Tantanoola Caves are popular attractions for visitors.
3. Mount Gambier has a strong agricultural community, and is known for its high-quality wines, cheeses, and seafood.
4. The city has a fascinating history, with an early settlement by the Boandik people before European colonization. The region was also a major site for the 1840s Victorian Gold Rush in Australia.
5. Mount Gambier is home to the iconic Centenary Tower, which offers stunning panoramic views of the surrounding cityscape and countryside. The tower was built in 1904 to commemorate 100 years of European settlement in the region.
6. The city is a hub for outdoor activities, including hiking, mountain biking, and kayaking. The magnificent coastal landscape and the Blue Lake offer a picturesque backdrop for these activities.
7. Mount Gambier has a thriving arts scene, with the city hosting many festivals and events throughout the year celebrating music, film, and visual arts.
8. The city is also home to the largest single-site logging operation in the Southern Hemisphere. The pine plantations surrounding Mount Gambier supply timber for the Australian building and paper industries.
9. The Mount Gambier Airport is the fourth busiest regional airport in South Australia, providing easy access to the city for both business and leisure travelers.
10. The city has a diverse population, with a mix of both indigenous and immigrant communities. This unique blend of cultures has influenced the local food scene, with many delicious international restaurants to explore in the city.